Thursday, March 14, 2013

COMMENTARY: So why all the focus on MARVEL LEGENDS?


  For those of you that have been reading my blog recently, you'll notice that I spend a lot of time talking about MARVEL LEGENDS.  And this may create the impression that they are all I'm interested in or plan to review.

  In reality, I love all kinds of collectibles and would be overjoyed to have the opportunity to review them.  But I'm not really in a position to do so.  This is twofold really.  First, I don't (yet) have the kind of readership that would make me a viable source of promotion to the companies that produce these figures.... So I don't receive any free promo copies of toys, nor am I paid for my time.  (The upside of this is that YOU, the reader, get unbiased reviews.  BY a geek, FOR geeks)

  Which leads to the second reason: I have to buy every item that I review out of pocket.  The economy is in the toilet, and (without going into too much detail) I'm on what you might call a fixed income.  Every dollar I spend on toys is a dollar that doesn't keep me fed.  What this also means is that I UNDERSTAND you guys and gals out there who are passionate about collecting, but have limited funds to chase that dream.  You APPRECIATE your collection, because many of you sweat to get it.  So I review the figures that I personally own, and try to pass any insights onto you guys.

Since I'm actively collecting Marvel Legends at the moment, you can expect that a lot of my reviews are going to be of those figures.  Marvel has been on a hot streak for the past several years now, so also I suspect that there is a lot of interest in figures based on Marvel Properties and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't aware of that interest as a Blogger.  And truth be told, I just have more personal interest in Marvel characters than DC.

  But from time to time you can expect reviews of Japanese collectibles like the Medicom RAH Neo Evangelion, Figures from Kaiyodo and hopefully even Figma / Mafex.  Since these tend to be more expensive though, I won't be in a position to bring you those reviews as frequently.

  I also hope to reach into the vault now and then, and bring you guys older figure reviews of toys that I've amassed over the years.

  And while I can't make any promises, I'll TRY to review figures that you guys request. One thing is for sure... I'm just getting started around here.  So please, spread the word and I'll do my best to keep the good stuff coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment